Whether you are staying in other cities and provinces of Vietnam or you are living abroad, you can get to Hanoi in many ways. Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, the centre of the northern and the country about the politic, culture and economy, so that it is the place of departure and final destination of many trips around Vietnam and abroad regarding road, rail and air.
Hanoi has Noi Bai International Airport, one of two biggest international airports in Vietnam with Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. In Soc Son district, about 30 km from the centre of the capital, Noi Bai International Airport now this is shorten to 15 km after the Nhat Tan Bridge was built. This aiport is also near some cities as Vinh Yen, Bac Ninh and Thai Nguyen. Currently, there are some domestic airlines and many international airlines which fly to Noi Bai International Airport. A number of other international airlines are also considering flying to this airport.
There are four domestic familiar airlines in Vietnam:
– The largest and most familiar airline is still Vietnam Airlines. This is the airline that flies the most extensive network, from the remote northwestern Dien Bien, to the cape of Ca Mau. Many routes are only allowed this airline to operate, so the customers have no other choices.
– The second largest airline in Vietnam is Jetstar Pacific Airline, operating under the low-cost airline model. If you use this airline, you may only fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. In peak summer, Jetstar Pacific runs the air route from Da Nang or Nha Trang to Hanoi.
– Rival of Jetstar Pacific Airline now is VietJet Air. This domestic airline operated only a few years. Recently this airline is very popular on the media in the country and abroad. Its key route of VietJet Air is also from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi.
– The forth airline in Vietnam is Air Mekong. The flights of this airline are small, only fly from Phu Quoc and Con Dao to Hanoi.
If you are living in abroad countries, you also can come to Hanoi by plane. There are many flights from the countries of Europe, America, East Asia, Northeast Asia and Southeast Asia to Hanoi such as London, Paris, Moscow, Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Osaka, Bangkok, Singapore…
From the airport, you can move to the centre of Hanoi by taxi, motorbike taxi, minibus or if you want to save money, you can use the bus.
Hanoi has long railway line running along the capital. This city has a lot of train stations such as Giap Bat railway station for goods, passenger terminal like Long Bien Station, Gia Lam Station and the largest railway station of Vietnam – Hanoi railway station. It is the final destination of the trains from the neighboring cities and provinces to Hanoi as Lao Cai, Sapa, Yen Bai, Hai Duong, Hai Phong, Vinh… This station also supplies to the passengers the services trains to travel Ho Chi Minh City with the train named Thong Nhat Train. Thong Nhat Train runs from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, passes several cities and provinces along the country as Nam Dinh, Vinh, Da Nang… In addition, Gia Lam railway station is also the place performing the trains to Kunming in Yunnan province, China.
There are a lot of coach firms from other cities and provinces of Vietnam running the long journeys to Hanoi. Nowadays, coaches are the best option for cheap travel to Hanoi from almost everywhere in Vietnam. In addition, using coaches for your travels is so modern, comfortable and reliable. Coach services criss-cross Hanoi with other cities and provinces in Vietnam. There are great deals to be had on coach travel to Hanoi. For cheap and safe coaches to this city, try the following companies for the best fares:
- Mai Linh Express: This coach firm has the network spreading almost cities and provinces in Vietnam. You can use Mai Linh Express for your travel from Hai Phong, Vinh, Da Nang, Hue, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho or even Ca Mau… to Hanoi capital.
- Phuong Trang: This company is also big coach firm same as Mai Linh Express. Phuong Trang always supplies the coaches from cities and provinces in central and southern of Vietnam such as Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Can Tho, Nha Trang… and some provinces in northern as Nam Dinh to Hanoi.
- Hoang Long: The coaches of this company only run from Hai Phong to Hanoi before. But now, Hoang Long also performs the coaches for travel from Vinh, Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Tien Giang and Ca Mau to Hanoi.
In Hanoi, there are some big coach stations such as Gia Lam station, Luong Yen station, Giap Bat station and My Dinh station. They are distributed within and without this city so that the customers can completely come to start their travel in Hanoi easily.